All students are assigned a Virginia Community College System (VCCS) email address when they enroll in a class at the college. This email address is the primary email address the college will use for communication with students. Students can access their VCCS student email in their myBrightpoint account once they are enrolled in a class. Students should check their student email regularly for financial aid updates, class information from instructors, reminders about college deadlines and dates, closing and delay notifications, notes from faculty advisors, details on student activities, and many other important messages.
Tap into the Brightpoint community by connecting with the college on social media. These spaces exist to digitally connect students, faculty and staff, and the community to one another and to Brightpoint. They tell the Brightpoint story one post, photo, or video at a time.
The Student Activities Office provides a variety of educational, cultural, and social experiences for students, faculty, staff and members of the Brightpoint community. Student activities and organizations are open to all interested students. Students may seek leadership opportunities in Brightpoint’s Student Government Association. Students who are interested in participating in any aspect of the student activities program or who wish additional information on events and organizations should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social and Cultural Programs: The Student Activities Office sponsors movie nights, volunteer projects, intermural sports, guest speakers, sports viewing parties, cardio/fitness classes, game nights and more.
- Clubs and Organizations: Brightpoint Community College offers a diverse selection of student clubs and organizations, and it encourages the formation of new student groups. The College currently recognized more than 35 student clubs and organizations.
To see Brightpoint’s current clubs and organizations click here
If you’re interested in starting a student club click here
- Honorary Organizations: Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society Tau Rho (Chester) , Beta Omicron Omicron (Midlothian), Mu Alpha Theta National High School & Two-Year College Mathematics Honor society (both campuses)
- Intramurals: Basketball, Soccer, and flag football. To register visit www.brightpoint.edu/studentactivities.
- Government: The Student Government Association (SGA) of Brightpoint Community College was formed to encourage an active role in college life and activities. SGA provides each student with a voice in student affairs. For more information on our SGA click here.
Fitness Centers: Students may use the fitness center during scheduled hours. Students must complete a waiver in order to use the facilities and sign-in each time before using the facilities. Fitness centers are located on both campuses at:
Chester Campus: Nicholas Student Center, N101
Midlothian Campus: Trailblazer Hall, T105
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Student Ambassador Program: Brightpoint’s Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for Brightpoint students who are dedicated to serving and representing Brightpoint Community College. Student Ambassadors give campus tours, assist prospective and new students, and support various campus events including Open House and New Student Orientation. More information about the program can be found on the Student Ambassadors page of the college website.
- Global Learning: The purpose of Brightpoint Community College’s Global Educational Travel program is to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to live and work in the 21st century by promoting global awareness, encouraging respect for different cultures, and fostering global citizenship.Learn more on the Education Travel page on the college website.
- Safe Zone Allies: The Brightpoint Safe Zone program supports the college’s vision for a success story for every student, by recruiting, educating and supporting faculty, staff, and students to become allies to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community. Allies learn about LGBTQ issues to promote a safe and supportive environment for people who self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer. By working together members of the LGBTQ community and allies can inspire a spirit of inclusion for all.