PURPOSE: This two-year degree prepares students to transfer to a four-year college and major in computer science.
CREDENTIALS: An Associate of Science (AS) degree is a major related to an area such as business administration, engineering, science, and social sciences that takes two years for full time students to complete. Students receiving an AS degree intend to transfer to four-year colleges.
TRANSFER INFORMATION: This program is designed for transfer. Students should consult with their advisors to ensure that they select general electives that best prepare them for the specific requirements of their intended transfer college or university programs of study. More information can also be found at www.brightpoint.edu/academics/transfer/
Students planning to transfer to VT for Computer Science should complete the Engineering AS.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Students must meet Brightpoint admission requirements. New students should work with their New Student Navigator to get ready for their first semester. They can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Because transfer requirements will vary based upon the intended transfer institution, students must meet with their faculty advisor to develop a schedule that best suits their goals.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES: By the completion of this program, students will be expected to demonstrate an intermediate level of competency in the following skills:
- Apply effective communication skills in a computer science environment.
- Illustrate program logic by creating flowcharts and structure charts.
- Design a computer program using a programming language.
- Recognize and apply basic economic principles related to macroeconomic theories.
- Identify and explain architecture and the function of computer hardware, networks and operating systems, data, instruction representation, and data organization.