PURPOSE: This two-year degree prepares students to transfer to a four-year college and major in English or history. Graduates have the intent to become a middle or high school English, history, or social studies teacher.
CREDENTIALS: An Associate of Art (AA) degree is a major related to the Liberal Arts (i.e. English, history, philosophy, foreign language, etc.) that takes 2 years for full-time students to complete. This major requires students to take foreign language. Students receiving an AA degree intend to transfer to four-year colleges.
TRANSFER INFORMATION: This program is designed for transfer. Students should consult with their advisors to ensure that they select general electives that best prepare them for the specific requirements of their intended transfer college or university programs of study. More information can also be found at www.brightpoint.edu/academics/transfer/
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Students must meet Brightpoint admission requirements. New students should work with their New Student Navigator to get ready for their first semester. They can also email email@example.com for assistance. Because transfer requirements will vary based upon the intended transfer institution, students must meet with their faculty advisor to develop a schedule that best suits their goals.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES: By the completion of this program, students will be expected to demonstrate an intermediate level of competency in the following skills:
- Convey an understanding of the history of education in the United States.
- Articulate the attainment of an introductory level of proficiency in speaking and listening in a foreign language.
- Demonstrate the attainment of an introductory level of proficiency in reading and writing a foreign language.
- Create a lesson plan based on an analysis of a sample related to the program of study.
- Integrate and display communication, instruction, and assessment strategies in a 40-hour field internship setting.